Thursday, May 5, 2011

Things are moving along

Well, I have not been posting lately but I have been doing things.  I have my arduino based controller working and responding to g-code.  Just to fill you in, I have a grblshield and and arduino. The grblshield is a 3 axis stepper controller board for the arduino. So far, it is really nice to see motors actually moving.

I have decided that I will play with the smaller cnc machine for now. I will be using lead screws on this one. I have everything I really need for it.

I had considered using my little Proxxon X-Y table but I think I will reserve that for my little drill press.

4 comments:

  1. have you seen this? http://www.thingiverse.com/image:55119

    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the design (3d models and stuff) http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:8480

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look nice for the adjustably but seem to be too complex for what I want. The goal I have is keeping it really simple. I will make some drawings in a little while and make a post to show where I am going with it.

    Thanks for speaking up. I was starting to think people were not interested because I was going slow with this. I have been taking a break from the mechanics and working on the electronics for a while. Not really too much to see except stepper motors turning back and forth but I am happy with how that end is working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with us, I think this website truly stands out : D. cnc

    ReplyDelete